CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Honey Chicken and Buttermilk Pie

Ok, so I know all two of the people who read my blog already have this recipe, but I thought I'd throw it on here since I've passed it out a ton lately, and everyone seems to LOVE it.
My Merm gave me this recipe, which she got from a woman she worked with a long time ago. That woman got it from her mother, and before that, it's a mystery!

Honey Chicken

1/4 C butter, melted
1/2 C honey
1/4 C yellow mustard
1 tsp salt
1 tsp curry powder
4 chicken breasts (also works well with extra firm tofu!)

Combine all ingredients except chicken. Pour over chicken in a shallow baking dish. Bake at 375 F for 1 hour.

Sometimes I like to double the sauce for the same amount of meat! This is really good served over rice with steamed veggies on the side!

Buttermilk Pie

1 1/3 C sugar
1 C buttermilk
1/2 C Bisquik baking mix
1/3 C butter, melted
3 eggs

Blend (in a blender, silly) until smooth. pour into 9 inch pie plate (sprayed with nonstick spray). Bake at 350 F for 30-40 minutes.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

We had this just tonight! It is SO good every single time!