CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pining...

Anyone from Utah, or Bountiful, more specifically, can tell you how amazing the sugar cookies from Parson's Bakery are. Don't get me wrong, everything on the menu there is tasty, but the sugar cookies are the best by FAR. They are always soft and warm, with a perfectly smooth coating of icing that has a little skin on it. I always get mine in a holiday shape or color, and not once have I had a Parson's sugar cookie without sprinkles. This is what makes me homesick. Don't get me wrong, I miss my family every single day I'm in Texas. But I can always pick up the phone and call my them. I can't do that with Parson's sugar cookies or Nielsen's pumpkin custard. My list of foods I miss from Utah can go on and on: squeaky cheese and root beer milk from Gosner's in Cache Valley, pine nut gnocchi from Cafe Molise, seafood chowder and veggie lasagna from Salt Lake Roasting Company, the turkey melt from The Training Table, a slice of pizza from ESTE or The Pie, Pad Pra Ram and Tom Kha from Sawadee!!

I'm begging my friends and family, if you're out there, if you're reading this: pay a visit to my foods for me. Tell them I miss them, and let them know I'll be home soon!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

I'll let them know :)